I have recently taken an interest in a series of books about the law of attraction. They discuss how gratitude plays an important part in our day to day lives. In one of the books called ‘The Magic’ the author Rhonda Byrne mentions Walt Disney (yes, Disney in some shape or form always manages to pop up in everything I see or do) and the 1960 film ‘Pollyanna’ (an oldie but goodie) where they created ‘The Glad Game’.
Pollyanna explains that her father taught her to always find something to be glad about when things aren’t quite going her way. We often take a lot of things for granted without realising it, things that we complain about on a daily basis like not being able to get a seat on the train or how boring our job is. Finding something to be glad about in situations like that makes you feel so much better.
I thought it would be a great idea to play along together and share our gladness by blogging, tweeting or vlogging about ten things that we are most glad about in our lives at the moment. I’ll go first…
1. I am glad that I have a supportive family despite our differences sometimes. I wouldn’t change them for the world.
2. I am glad that I have a job, it may not be the job that I badly want right now but I love the people I work with and I’m earning money.
3. I am glad that I have a roof over my head. It’s not my own place but I am warm and dry and have a cosy bed and somewhere to keep my possessions.
4. I am glad that I get to eat nice food, whether it be home cooked or in restaurants.
5. I am glad that I have lots of lovely friends and get to spent time with them.
6. I am glad that I have good health and only experience minor ailments occasionally.
7. I am glad that there are busses that get me to work each morning despite how crowded they can be with school children. I can listen to my music and read my kindle.
8. I am glad of the bills I have to pay which allow me to experience the great services I receive from various companies.
9. I am glad that I own the technology that provides me with entertainment and ables me to connect with people all over the world.
10. I am glad that I have the ability to make people smile. Bringing joy into someone’s life is what makes me happy.
Everything that I have listed I’ve thought about in detail as I realise that there are so many people in the world that are less fortunate than me who are lonely, homeless, sick and hungry. Many people complain about the bills they receive but just think about what you are getting in return. When you turn your way of thinking around, things become a lot clearer.
Now we have played the glad game try implementing it into your daily lives every time you go to complain about something.